We use cookies to give you the best experience possible. By continuing we’ll assume you’re on board with our cookie policy

In this discussion with regards to the statement: “Management is both art and science. It Is the art of making people more effective than they would have been without you. The science Is In how you do that” (Ere, online). I agree with the statement as employees need guidance to improve processes and increase business outputs. Take a hospital front office as an example. The front office team is responsible for welcoming and greeting patients, giving appointments, registration of patients, ailing, collecting outstanding dues and the closing of the days duties.

The best essay writers are ready to impress your teacher.
Make an order now!


They do not look Into how to Improve the processes and Increase the number of patients with the least waiting time within the process. A manager is employed to improve these processes by using the following basic management principles of plan, organism, direct and monitor. Using the example above I also agree with the following statement when in the planning stage: “The 80/20 Principle asserts that there Is an Inbuilt Imbalance between Inputs and outputs, causes and consequences, and effort and result.

Management Is Both an Art and... JUST FROM $13/PAGE

It states that a minority of causes, inputs or effort usually lead to a majority of the result, outputs or rewards. A few things are important; most are not. To achieve progress and multiply your output, you must give power to the 20% of resources that really matter in terms of achievement, and get the remaining 80% up to a reasonable level. ” (Sextillion, V. , n. D. ). Identify within the team the strengths and weaknesses of each employee and as to ho understands all the processes and who you can as team leaders.

This is minimal input with maximum output. This will also be able to give you valuable information as to what problems they are facing with regards to the systems and processes. Then you would Indenting out of the rest of the team and organism them Into the areas In which they are more proficient. From there you will assess the process flow to understand where the bottle necks are and the duplication or unnecessary. It is also important to involve the team in this recess so that they can understand what the goals are and what we are trying to achieve.

Re-engineer the processes and remove the bottlenecks, unnecessary duplication of work and unnecessary steps In the process. Give clear Instructions to the team leaders on what requires monitoring to ensure the process Improves and goals are achieved. As a manager you would do the overall monitoring to ensure that set goals are being achieved and take note where there are still bottlenecks. You would then reassess the areas again to improve on them.

Share this Post!

Kylie Garcia

Hi, would you like to get professional writing help?

Click here to start